This Tomato Egg Fried Rice will only take you 10 minutes to cook if you’re using leftover rice. It’s super easy to make and you can pretty much eyeball, taste and season as you go.
WATCH VIDEO: If you’re a visual learner, watch me make it here!
Tomato Fried Rice (Super easy!)
- 1 cup Leftover rice or rice cooked the day/a few hours before
- 1.5 tablespoons Tomato sauce or ketchup
- Protein of choice (Use however much you like. I use whatever meat is leftover in the fridge, usually chicken)
- 2 Eggs
- White pepper
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onions/shallots
- Spring onions however much you like!
- Coriander however much you like!
- Note: this will take you 10 minutes to make if you're using leftover rice. If you haven't made your rice & starting from scratch, make sure to cook your rice the day/ a few hours before and leave it in the fridge to cool. This will prevent your fried rice from getting mushy.
Prepare your ingredients
- Cook your protein. I usually use leftover chicken for this so it's already cooked.
- Cut your protein into small peices. Mince your garlic. Dice your shallots. Deseed and dice your tomatoes. Finely slice your coriander & spring onion. Set aside.
- Scramble your eggs. Set aside.
Cook your fried rice!
- In a pan or wok on high heat, add oil. Add shallots/onions & tomatoes. Toss for a few minutes and then add minced garlic. Toss around for a minute or so. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add your egg mixture. Let it cook through (like an omelette) and use your spatula to cut the egg into little pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Before adding the rice, make sure your pan is scorching hot (smoke should be rising from the pan). Add oil. Add rice. Using your spatula to seperate the grains if they are stuck together. Add your cooked veges and eggs. Add your cooked protein. Stir together for 30 seconds.
- Add half a cup of tomato sauce. A pinch of salt, sugar and white pepper powder. Stir well.