My Vegan Chilli Chocolate tart is so easy to make. No baking required, just pop it in the freezer to harden and serve as is. This method is inspired by the wonderful Alex’s Kitchen Story’s Vegan Chocolate Tart. I substituted the dates for sake-soaked prunes and added a little spice with cinnamon and ground chilli flakes.
You won’t find too many sweet recipes on this website (I’m not the biggest sweet tooth) but this one is a winner for me. I used 80%d dark chocolate which paired well with the sake-infused prunes. It even felt a little romantic!
Chilli Chocolate No-Bake Tart (Vegan)
- Spice grinder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 400 g Dark chocolate
- 200 g Hazelnuts
- 200 g Prunes
- Lime zest To garnish, optional
- Chilli flakes Ground into spice form
- Cinnamon Ground
- 1 tsp sea salt To garnish
- Add prunes and sake into a bowl, soak overnight in the fridge. The sake adds a complex flavour to the tart that contrasts well with the dark chocolate, but if you don't have sake, you can skip this step and just use fresh dates or prunes that haven't been soaked.
- If your prunes were soaked the night before, remove them and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess liquid. Dab gently!
- Place mixed nuts and prunes/dates into a food processer. Blitz together. Once it’s sticky, spoon into a lined, round cake dish and press with your hands to form a base. Place in the freezer.
- Pour coconut milk and chocolate into a pot on low heat. Keep an eye on it & stir constantly (otherwise it will burn). When melted, add in aspoon of chilli & cinnamon. Take it off the heat and whisk well to get a smooth texture (no clumps)!
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the tart base, spreading evenly. Pop it in the freezer for at least an hour. When ready to serve, sprinkle on some sea salt, chilli flakes and zest of lime.